Cracked heels can be a nightmare. Treating cracked heels is simple and can be done in the comfort of your home.
Cracked heels can be a convenient portal for infection.
Below are time tested and proven remedies that has helped many people get rid of cracked heels.
- Foot Mask (Lemon, glycerin, rose water and salt)
- Mix lemon juice, glycerin, rose water and raw salt in warm water.
- Soak your feet in the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a pumice stone or foot file or scrubber, gently scrub off dry skin from your heel.
- Mix 1 tsp of rose water, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp raw glycerin until pasty.
- Apply the paste into your cracked heels.
- Cover with a pair of cotton socks and leave it for the entire night.
- Wash it off in the morning.
**This might require 2-3 days or even up to 7-10 days to take effect.
- Overripe banana paste
- Blend 1 or 2 overripe bananas until a thick and creamy paste is formed.
- You may add ½ avocado if you want.
- Apply the paste on your feet and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse your feet while alternating warm and cold water.
**Perform this daily to prevent and treat heel fissures.
- Paraffin Wax
- Using a double boiler, melt one block of paraffin wax.
- Mix two tablespoons of coconut and mustard oils with the melted paraffin wax.
- Since the mixture will be hot, allow it to cool down until you see a thin layer forming on the top.
- Soak your feet in the mixture for 5-10 seconds and remove. Soak it for several times until you can build several layers of wax.
- Cover your feet with plastic and leave for 30 minutes.
- Remove the plastic and the wax from your feet.
**Do this one to two times a week.
If your cracked heels do not improve or get worse, schedule an appointment today with Legacy Foot & Ankle.